Wietse CDN

Dear GSV,

I'm studying at RUG this coming september... (I'm coming from Vancouver, Canada) I was just wondering when the first get together was in September.

I can read Dutch, so you can reply in Dutch, I just find writting english is easier.

Looking forward to September.

Wietse Jagersma

Hi wietse!

It's verry nice to see that the international character of our futurnity is already known all over the world (prescie proficiat). I didn't know that we also spread fliers on highschools in canada? :D

Ofcourse you're very welcome on one of our futurnity evenings, like the "soos" evenings on thursdaynight or the "bijbelkring" on tuesday night. It depends a little bit on you. For how long are you planning to study in Groningen and do you want to be a member of our futurnity?
As you can see in our "online kalender" in the month august there is the "novitiaat" in this period new students get to now our futurnity and we get to now the new students. Maybe you can contact one of the members of the "novcie" (the introduction comite) for more information.

of course there is always a possibility to be a guest member or to just join our evenings/nights. Looking forward to meet you,

regards

he Buffy, volgens mij bedoel je fraternity ipv futurnity! :wink:

en omdat ons engels verder niet van al te hoog niveau is gebleken stel ik voor om in het nederlands verder gaan, wietse heeft al aangegeven dat prima te kunnen volgen...

trouwens, wietse, bedoel dat je wilt weten wanneer de gsv gaat beginnen of wanneer de RUG weer gaat beginnen?
voor het laatste geval: het academisch jaar begint op maandag 6 september

Tolle schreef: he Buffy, volgens mij bedoel je fraternity ipv futurnity! :wink:

dan is ATV zeker onze sorority? stelletje wijven :girl1:

khut,

probeer ik het die vent even wat makkelijker te maken...
maar goed ned is voor mij ook beter uiteraard

Adwin schreef: [..] dan is ATV zeker onze sorority? stelletje wijven :girl1:

tsja, de exacte vertaling van GSV zou eigenlijk RSU moeten zijn (Reformed Students' Union) maar dat geeft niet goed weer wat de GSV nou eigenlijk is, het is een beetje behelpen...

Hoi Wietse CDN,

Wanneer ben je van plan om in Nederland aan te komen, of ben je er al?

Als wietse zijn profiel naar waarheid heeft ingevuld woont hij in Groningen.

Koning David

Wat leuk. Jammer dat we geen meisje op de GSV hebben die Trees heet. Dan konden we zingen: "Trees heeft een Canadees." We hebben wel een Truus maar die heeft Cees, geen Canadees.

Vriend Klei schreef: Wat leuk. Jammer dat we geen meisje op de GSV hebben die Trees heet. Dan konden we zingen: "Trees heeft een Canadees." We hebben wel een Truus maar die heeft Cees, geen Canadees.
ja, inderdaad. over zinvol posten...
Buffy schreef: It's verry nice to see that the international character of our futurnity is already known all over the world (prescie proficiat). I didn't know that we also spread fliers on highschools in canada? :D

This time no lazy comments on your english, Buffy, but just a little response to your compliments to the PresCie. A little bit of 'googling' tought me that this time the PresCie is not the one that should get the compliments. I think it is the closeness of the reformed church all over the place that is the cause of this international meeting. BTW: I don't think Wietse is a canadian boy... I wonder how they would pronounce Jagersma in Canada... :)

Enfin, genoeg ge-engelst (is dat met d, t, of dt?). Thof dat je naar Nederland (terug)komt, Wietse. Je zou zeker eens een kijkje moeten komen nemen aan de Heereweg.

L1Rn4urAyA7aTEe
Rossatron schreef: [..] (...) BTW: I don't think Wietse is a canadian boy... I wonder how they would pronounce Jagersma in Canada... :) (...)

Wat is dat voor onzin :P, ik heb ook al veel langer een Nederlandse achternaam dan ik een Nederlandse nationaliteit heb. ;)

Sorry, Inge, maar ik denk dat ik de zin een beetje krom heb neergetiept. Ik bedoelde dat eigenlijk als twee losse opmerkingen. De Canadezen weten soms de leukste dingen te maken van Nederlandse namen. Zo ken ik iemand met de naam Arian Droogendyk. Dat klinkt in het Nederlands heel anders als in het Canadees, supergrappig. De andere opmerking sloeg meer op het beetje googelen. Probeer maar eens.[/i]

Hey everyone in GSV,

Thanks for the warm welcome (I think it was Buffy and everyone else). Buffy, also thanks for making it easier on this poor English Lad by typing in english, but I read Dutch quite well, so thanks for the interesting discussion. I thought that any replies would be automatically sent to my email... so I'm sorry I have not responsed earlier... i have not looked at GSV.nl till today...

Anyways... some more info...

1) i AM GOING to live in Groningen... I'm not sure of the address, but it's close to the A kerk... above Roerdink BV (a shoe warehouse)

2) i AM NOW living in Langley, British Columbia, Canada where I have lived for the past fifteen years...

3) In regards to Rossatron---- "BTW: I don't think Wietse is a canadian boy... I wonder how they would pronounce Jagersma in Canada"
Wietse is a Canadian boy, he is the only person he knows named Wietse, and he has brothers named Mattijs, Jelte, Hilmer and a sister named Janneke, so I can't help it my parents chose to use Dutch names... maybe because they are dutch. The pronunciation of JAGERSMA in English is the same as in Dutch except we pronounce a hard "J" like Mic Jagger... so it's Jagger like the Rolling Stones guy and then "sma" like a guy from Friesland.

4) i would love to come out on the Tuesdays and Thursdays... I arrive in Holland Sept2 so I'll miss out on the August activities.

Tot ziens,

Wietse

PS The joke about "Trees heeft een Canadees" was funny, maybe I'll have to find a Trees to add to the GSVnet.nl

PSS I think i found the problem with not having emails sent to me when someone responded, I gues I have to click "Breng me op de hoogte wanneer iemand antwoordt".

I found the address of Roerdink...

v.o.f. Bernard Roerdink
Eendrachtskade 14 z.z.
9726 CW GRONINGEN
Postbus 538, 9700 AM

so I guess that is where I'm going to live... I know that I am just outside the boundary of Oost Kerk, so which church boundary am I in?

Thanks everyone!

Wietse

I hope you will find your place in Groningen. (Hupsakee! een volzin engels... :beat: )

Je zit in de wijk van Zuid. Ik denk zelfs dat je bij mij in huis komt te wonen. Hoe lang ga je in Groningen studeren?

Dit was de kamer waar Annerieke in zou komen...

hey!

I'm coming for one year, it's a 12 month MBA programme at RUG.

wietse

PS are you in the section closest to the canal or the section farther back, i'm in the second part, farther away from the Canal

Perikles schreef: Dit was de kamer waar Annerieke in zou komen...

i'm sorry, i didn't mean to make trouble... hope things go well for Annerieke

Geen zorgen, ik slaap zolang wel in een tentje :wink: